Dessert doesn’t always have to be calorie laden and unhealthy. Treat yourself with this healthy chocolate pecan cake recipe, compliments of Weigh-Less.
* Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 35min
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Weigh-Less Spoon for Spoon Sugar Replacement
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 110g self-raising flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- Weigh-Less non-stick spray
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar replacement to the whisked eggs.
- Add the oil and lightly stir in until just combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the egg mixture and lightly fold in along with the ground pecan nuts.
- Pour into a prepared round cake tin and bake at 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Go to www.weighless.co.za for more healthy recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.