The first World Nutella Day was established in 2007 by an American Blogger Sara Rosso who transferred the right for World Nutella Day to Ferrero (the makers of Nutella) in 2015.
This delicious day has been celebrated every year on 5 February since 2007 by Nutella fans all over the world.
Share in the joy with this delicious recipe!
- 2slices Sasko Plus+ Cranberry Low GI bread
- 50g Nutella
- 50gfresh banana, sliced
- 15gbutter, room temperature
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the jaffle or sandwich maker.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
- Place a slice, butter-side down, in the jaffle and evenly spread the Nutella. Place the sliced banana onto the chocolate spread and cover with the other slice of the buttered bread, butter side up.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from jaffle maker and slice and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.