Add these delicious kebabs to your breakfast menu for a bit of variety!
If you add button mushrooms to these kebabs, you can make them bigger and enjoy them with a braai as well!
• 8 chicken sausages
• 200g cherry tomatoes
• Bay leaves
• Herb salt
• 30ml olive oil
• Kebab or ice cream sticks
1. Cut the sausages in half and skewer them onto a kebab or ice cream stick, alternating with a bay leaf and cherry tomato.
2. Season with herbal salt or veggie seasoning and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Grill for 10–12 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
• Macon, chicken rashers or pork chipolata sausages can also be used.
• Use halloumi cheese for a vegetarian option instead of the sausages.
• Make a glaze using a couple of teaspoons wholegrain mustard and honey and baste the kebabs while grilling them.
• Larger kebabs can also be made by adding button mushrooms.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.