Quesadillas are quick and fun to make - perfect for a light dinner.
- 1 cup red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup sweetcorn kernels, canned or frozen
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1/2 cup salsa, bottled or fresh
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 wholewheat wraps (20cm in diameter)
- Blend the beans into a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Place three wraps on a board and divide the bean purée, corn, chicken, cheese and salsa between the three. Top with the remaining three wraps and press well to make sandwiches.
- Heat a frying pan and carefully place one filled quesadilla at a time in the pan, cook for 2 minutes until brown and the cheese is starting to melt. Carefully turn them over and repeat with all the quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve with low-fat sour cream and mashed avocado.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.