You don’t have to be a master chef to put together this mouth-watering prawn curry recipe. Chef Zanele shows us how to make it in three easy steps. Your family will love every bite.
- 500g prawns
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ chopped red chilli (to taste)
- Bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tbs. butter
- 2 cloves of fresh crushed garlic
- 15ml of fish spice
- 10ml paprika
- 10ml ground coriander
- Using an electrical mixer, mix the yoghurt, lemon juice, chillies and fresh coriander together. Mix until it has a smooth consistency. Put aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sauté the garlic, add the prawns, then fish spice, coriander and paprika. Let it cook on low heat until cooked.
- Add the yoghurt mixture. Cook for 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with rice and salad.
Cook like a chef!
Pretoria’s Capsicum Culinary Studio – part of the largest chef school of its kind in South Africa – continues with its series of masterclasses for both enthusiastic and amateur home cooks who want to expand their repertoire.
Author and influencer Chef Zanele van Zyl will be showing participants how to make the perfect canapés in her masterclass Cocktail Menu.Dishes include dunked chicken wings, stuffed jalapenos, cheese and rice balls, cheese and chicken sliders, sweet and sour ribs, bacon-wrapped potato and a selection of bites with a spicy sour cream dipping sauce. She will demonstrate one dish and the remainder will be a hands-on cooking class.
- When: 19 October, 9am – 1pm
- Where: Capsicum Culinary Studio Pretoria, 134 Aramist Avenue, Pretoria
- Cost: R795 per person including ingredients and an apron to take home.
Attendees must be 18 years or older.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.