Serve these cheesy bread sticks with crudités and dip at your next birthday party. By Noeleen Foster
- Ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 cups grated cheese (you can mix Parmesan and Cheddar)
- Garlic salt
- Flour, for rolling
- Heat the oven to 220ºC.
- Unroll the puff pastry, scatter over a few handfuls of the grated cheese and sprinkle with garlic salt. Fold the pastry in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry until its flat and thin (about ½cm).
- Cut into 2cm wide strips, and then twist the strips a few times.
- Place the twists on a baking sheet, scatter over more cheese and garlic salt, and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden. Leave to cool. You can keep these in an airtight container for up to two days.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.