Just because you’re watching your weight after your pregnancy, it doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge a little this Easter. Try this healthy carrot cake recipe from Weigh-Less.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Weigh-Less Spoon for Spoon Sugar Replacement
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 whole eggs
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 160ml buttermilk
- 120g chopped pecan nuts
- 180g grated carrots
- Weigh-Less non-Stick Spray
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites until frothy.
- Slowly add the white sugar and continue whipping the mixture until stiff.
- In a second bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the egg yolks, oil and buttermilk and mix well.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites, pecan nuts and grated carrots.
- Pour into a loaf tin that has been coated with non-stick spray. Bake at 180ºC for about half an hour. Remove from heat and leave to cool, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Visit www.weighless.co.za for more healthy recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.