Crudites aren’t just healthy; they’re a great way to incorporate some fun, or even a theme, into a dish by cutting vegetables into shape. Use a variety of cooked and raw veggies to make the spread even more enticing. You can even add some fruit to the mix if you’d like.
*Makes 8-10 portions
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- A large pinch of paprika
- Pop all the ingredients except the paprika into the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Serve with crunchy crudites. We’ve used melon balls, carrot flashes, red-pepper stars, celery batons and sugar snaps.
Source: Recipes and photography courtesy of Real Meal Revolution’s Raising Superheroes by Prof Tim Noakes, Jonno Proudfoot and Bridget Surtees.