The whole family will love this quick and easy beef stir-fry.
*Prep time: 20 minutes
- 200g organic wholewheat penne pasta
- (or any pasta type)
- 300g beef stir-fry strips
- 300g diced butternut
- 5ml mixed dried herbs
- 5 sage leaves, chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the butternut on an oven tray, drizzle with half the olive oil and season with herbs.
- Roast at 180°C for 15–20 minutes until golden brown and tender when pierced
- with a fork.
- Flash-fry the beef strips in a hot wok or frying pan for 2–3 minutes, taking care not to overcook them or they’ll become tough.
- Toss all the ingredients together and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Serve with extra seasoning or a dollop of pesto (see variations below).
- This salad is great for adults’ and kids’ lunch boxes too. Make a little extra, fill an airtight container with the salad, and drizzle with a little salad dressing for a great alternative to sandwiches.
- For a meat-free version, use smoked tofu, soya strips, or a variety of roasted veggies and feta cheese.
- Additional flavours such as garlic or pesto can also be introduced.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.