Bolognaise freeze really well. Make a couple of batches and freeze them for the days you don’t have time to cook.
- 20ml Weigh-Less Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 800g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add oregano. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, stock and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.