- 160g Sasko Bran Rich Self Raising Wheat Flour
- 60g raw almonds, chopped
- 80g butter, melted
- 160g sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- ½ tsp almond essence
- 40g raw almonds, chopped
- 100g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line 2 cupcake baking tins with squares of baking paper.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, egg and essence until most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the flour and almonds into a bowl and combine.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture and mix together until it forms a sticky dough.
- Take tablespoons of dough and roll them into walnut-sized balls and place into the baking paper lined cupcake tins.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on the surface.
- Allow to cool before pealing away from the baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over each cookie cup and top with the remaining chopped nuts.
- You can use any kind or combination of nuts in this recipe.
- You can substitute margarine for the butter in this recipe, but ensure you choose a hard margarine that is intended for baking as soft margarines contain water.
- When baking, leave a good gap between the trays; don’t place the bottom cupcake tray directly below the top tray as this will prevent the cookie cups in the bottom tray from browning.