Mexican stuffed bell peppers with meat-free mince
Servings: 2 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- ½ box Fry’s Meat-Free Mince
- 4 medium bell peppers
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ cup tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- A handful of vegan cheese, shredded (optional, or use vegan mayonnaise)
- Wash the bell peppers, cut the tops off and scoop out the insides carefully, removing the stems and seeds.
- Cook them in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove peppers from water and drain well.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil (or water) in a pan until golden.
- Add the meat-free mince, tinned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, and salt and pepper to the onion and garlic. Fry for a few minutes until the meat-free mince is cooked through.
- In a bowl, add the mince mixture with the cooked rice and half of the shredded vegan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the mixture. Top with the remaining tinned tomatoes and vegan cheese.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers upright in the Air fryer basket. You may need to thinly slice the bottom part of the peppers if uneven so as to make them stand on the plate without it tilting.
- Air fry for about 10-15 minutes at 200°C.
- If not using vegan cheese, top with vegan mayonnaise once cooked.
Servings: 5 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 box Fry’s Korma Curry Pieces
- 1 medium potato, boiled and then mashed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 4 curry leaves
- ½ tsp ginger, minced
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ – ¾ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Oil, for brushing
- Salt, as needed
- Samosa pastry
- Heat oil in a pan (or use a non-stick pan and enough water to avoid burning). Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Add the minced ginger, garlic and chopped onions, and sauté until translucent.
- Add the green chillies, Korma Curry Pieces and the rest of the spices. Mix well together and fry for 10 minutes on low heat. Add water as needed.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the pan and mix so that the flavours incorporate well. Fry for another few minutes.
- Add the fresh chopped coriander and mix well again. Turn off the stove and let the filling cool.
- Fold the samosas and spoon the mixture in equal parts into the samosas pastry.
- Brush the samosas with tiny bit of oil.
- Arrange the samosas in the Air fryer and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with your favourite dip.
Mini mushroom pizzas with polony
Servings: 2 people
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 4 slices Fry’s Polony/Slicing Sausage, thawed and diced into cubes
- 4 portabella mushrooms, cleaned and scooped
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp vegan cheese, shredded (or use vegan mayo)
- 4 tbsp tomato pureé
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch dried Italian seasoning
- Brush the olive oil on both sides of the mushrooms (optional), then season the inside of the mushrooms with salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the mushrooms and top with vegan cheese (if using) and bell pepper.
- Place the mushrooms into the cooking basket and slide into the Air fryer.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the cooking basket from the Air fryer and place the Slicing Sausage/Polony on top of the portabella mushroom pizzas.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with mayo if not using the vegan cheese.
- Serve with a crisp salad with lots of fresh veggies.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.