This yummy 3-course Christmas menu combines both sweet and spicy for festive fare with a cheeky twist.
Pomegranate, piquanté pepper splash-on sauce, lime and mint cocktail
- 1000ml Crushed ice
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- 1l pomegranate juice or cranberry juice
- 20ml lime juice
- 1 sprig of mint
- 12 shakes hot Peppadew® splash-on sauce
- Half fill the glasses with crushed ice. Add the pomegranate rubies.
- Mix the juice with the lime and mint and pour over the ice.
- Add the Splash-on sauce to the glass and give it a mix with a swizzle stick.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Cook’s Tip: Add 4 shot glasses light rum to juice for an alcoholic version.
Olive and garlic stuffed chicken roll ups baked in an olive and piquanté pepper pasta sauce
- 6 chicken breasts
- 12 marinated sundried tomatoes
- 24 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20ml olive oil
- 2 x 400g jars of Peppadew® olive and piquante pepper pasta sauce
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthways taking care not to cut through.
- Place open chicken breasts onto large surface and use mallet to thin out.
- Arrange sundried tomatoes and olives onto chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up chicken breasts and wrap each one in a piece of cling film, knot the sides to keep it in shape. Simmer the chicken rolls in water until just cooked through.
- Remove all plastic wrap, heat olive oil in large pan and brown chicken on all sides.
- Pour pasta sauce into oven proof container, place chicken in the sauce and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C until the sauce is heated through.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
Cook’s Tip: Add Peppadew®Tomato and Jalapeno Chilli pasta sauce to the Peppadew® olive and piquante pepper pasta sauce for a spicy alternative.
Chocolate and piquanté pepper fondant with mascarpone splash-on quenelle
- Melted butter for greasing
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 275g dark chocolate
- 225g unsalted butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 200g plain flour
- 4 whole Peppadew® mild piquanté peppers, finely chopped
- 200ml mascarpone cheese
- A couple of shakes of Mild Peppadew® splash-on sauce
- Fresh fruit to serve
- Mint to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C, brush the inside of metal fondant moulds with butter, place in the fridge and allow to set and then repeat, dust the inside of the moulds with cocoa. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture a little at a time and then fold in the flour, until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the chopped piquanté peppers.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds and bake for 12 minutes.
- To serve, unmould the fondant and serve with a quenelle of piquanté pepper splash-on sauce, fresh fruit and mint.
Cook’s Tip: Timing is essential for this recipe to work; so use a timer to make sure the fondant is only in the oven for 12 minutes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.