According to research, the frequent intake of one cup of coffee every four hours has been proven to sustain and improve your mood over the course of the day. You may want to replace one of these with a delicious coffee-infused cupcake from Snowflake Queen Cakes flour mix.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 – 15 minutes
- Serves: Makes about 20
- 250g Snowflake Queen Cakes flour mix
- 200ml fresh cream
- 150ml milk chocolate
- 150ml sugar
- ¼ cup instant coffee
- 2 extra large eggs
- ¼ tsp pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- Beat sugar, butter and eggs together with a mixer/whisk until perfectly combined and creamy. Do not over-mix.
- Sift 250g Snowflake Queen Cake Flour Mix into the mixture.
- Add the baking powder
- Add the coffee.
- Stir together and add the milk.
- Add salt and stir into the mixture.
- Place cupcake wrappers into tray and pour the mix in.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 12 to 15 minutes. Leave to cool in pan for a few minutes.
Make the chocolate syrup:
Melt the milk chocolate, cream and coffee together. Remove from heat and pour over cupcakes.
Have a fresh take on a classic favourite to share? Why not create it your way with Snowflake and visit snowflake.co.za to upload your recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.