There are times when even the most delicious food needs to come wrapped in a little extra temptation. So, if you need inspiration to make food more appealing for your little one, or you’re just looking to add a dash of magic to your meal, try these ideas from Mediterranean Delicacies.
Spaghetti and meatballs
- Chopped onion
- Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Feta
- Mediterranean Delicacies Calamata Olives
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
- Dice the onion and mix well with the mince, add salt and pepper for taste. Create mince balls by rolling the mince in the palm of your hand.
- Place the meatballs into a pan with oil on a low heat and cook, or place in the oven on 180°C for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place the spaghetti in a circular shape on a plate and decorate with parsley.
- Add the meatballs to the spaghetti.
- Cut carrots into triangles for the beaks.Add little balls of Feta for the eyes dotted with olives.
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Bread rolls
- Mediterranean Delicacies Danish Cheese (or cold meat)
- Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Styled Olives
- Mediterranean Delicacies Green Olives
- Place a leaf of lettuce on a plate as the base.
- Slice a roll in half and place the bottom half on top of the lettuce.
- Layer this half with 1 – 2 pieces of cheese or cold meat.
- Cut out a half-moon section from the top half of the roll and place it at the top of the plate
- Position the smaller part of the roll underneath.
- Slice cucumber and cut in half to form eyes.
- Cut two slices of green olives for the green of the eyes.
- Halve one of the Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Style Olives for the nose and pupils of the eyes
- Insert large round sliced carrots for the mouth.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.