There are times when even the most delicious food needs to come wrapped in a little extra temptation. So, if you need inspiration to make food more appealing for your little one, or you’re just looking to add a dash of magic to your meal, try these ideas from Mediterranean Delicacies.
Spaghetti and meatballs
- Chopped onion
- Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Feta
- Mediterranean Delicacies Calamata Olives
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
- Dice the onion and mix well with the mince, add salt and pepper for taste. Create mince balls by rolling the mince in the palm of your hand.
- Place the meatballs into a pan with oil on a low heat and cook, or place in the oven on 180°C for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place the spaghetti in a circular shape on a plate and decorate with parsley.
- Add the meatballs to the spaghetti.
- Cut carrots into triangles for the beaks.Add little balls of Feta for the eyes dotted with olives.
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Bread rolls
- Mediterranean Delicacies Danish Cheese (or cold meat)
- Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Styled Olives
- Mediterranean Delicacies Green Olives
- Place a leaf of lettuce on a plate as the base.
- Slice a roll in half and place the bottom half on top of the lettuce.
- Layer this half with 1 – 2 pieces of cheese or cold meat.
- Cut out a half-moon section from the top half of the roll and place it at the top of the plate
- Position the smaller part of the roll underneath.
- Slice cucumber and cut in half to form eyes.
- Cut two slices of green olives for the green of the eyes.
- Halve one of the Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Style Olives for the nose and pupils of the eyes
- Insert large round sliced carrots for the mouth.