Lighter chicken tacos
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 6 taco shells
- Handful shredded lettuce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¾ cup Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the tomatoes, avocados and lime juice.
- Season and place the tacos on a baking tray and bake for about 2 minutes until hot.
- Arrange the warm tacos, lettuce, chicken, salsa and Cheddar for everyone to build their own.
For an adult version, mix ground cumin through the chicken. Add coriander and chopped red onion to the salsa. Serve with dollops of sour cream and fresh or crushed dried chillies.
Chequerboard cottage pie
Ingredients for the mash
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup milk
For the mince
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil + extra
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
For the topping
- ½ cup each of peas, corn kernels and carrots
- For the mash, cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for about 20 minutes until soft. Mash with the milk and season with salt. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with an open star nozzle.
- Meanwhile, for the mince, heat the oil on high and fry the mince for about 8 minutes until browned. Season and set aside.
- Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes until golden. Return mince with the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spread mince into an ovenproof dish. Pipe mash into a trellis pattern on top of mince.
- For the topping, coat the veggies in a splash of oil. Spoon each (or mixed) into the squares between the mash. Bake for about 20 minutes until hot.