These little babies are a doddle to make, especially if you have leftover sweet potato. We’ve mixed in spring onion and lemon zest, but you can get creative with chopped veggies and other herbs. They make a perfect lunch served with chunky vegetables or a salad.
*Makes 12 portions
*Prep time: 10 mins
*Cooking time: 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 x 170g tins tuna in spring water, drained
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 300g cooked, mashed sweet potato
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- a little salt for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with half the melted butter.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and season with a little salt. Pour the remaining melted butter into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups and flatten each a little using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
- Serve with a simple salad of cucumber, tomato and avo, and some crème fraiche.
- Tinned tuna is a brilliant staple to keep in the cupboard for conjuring up those miracle meals.
Courtesy of Real Meal Revolution’s Raising Superheroes, by Tim Noakes, Jonno Proudfoot and Bridget Surtees
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.