If you’re wondering how to sneak in a little extra veggie goodness onto your picky eater’s plate, this cauliflower sauce is the way to do it. This sauce tastes just like white sauce and is jam-packed with nutrients.
- ½ tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper (leave out if your kids don’t like pepper)
- ½ cup milk, or to taste
- Sauté the garlic and butter in a large pan over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic’s soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered for 7-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender, adding 1 cup vegetable stock, sautéed garlic, butter, salt, pepper and milk. Blend or pureé for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth.
- Add more stock or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce.