If you’re wondering how to sneak in a little extra veggie goodness onto your picky eater’s plate, this cauliflower sauce is the way to do it. This sauce tastes just like white sauce and is jam-packed with nutrients.
- ½ tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper (leave out if your kids don’t like pepper)
- ½ cup milk, or to taste
- Sauté the garlic and butter in a large pan over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic’s soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered for 7-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender, adding 1 cup vegetable stock, sautéed garlic, butter, salt, pepper and milk. Blend or pureé for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth.
- Add more stock or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.