Just when you’ve recovered from the breakfast rush, it’s time to start thinking about lunch. Ensuring a balanced midday selection can mean the difference between a calm afternoon and a horrible tantrum at 4pm. Try this yummy recipes – they’re quick and easy. We promise!
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 75ml fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tsp paprika (optional)
- ¼ cup or more water
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Place in a blender with the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, oil and paprika and blend well.
- Add water as needed to form a smooth paste.
- Keep in an airtight container for five days.
Veggie packed lamb meatballs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 500g lamb mince
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add carrots and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place courgettes and parsley in a food processor and chop until fine. Squeeze out excess moisture. Set aside in large bowl.
- Add mince, onion mix and remaining ingredients into the bowl. Use your hands to form into balls.
- Return to pan and cook for 10 minutes until browned on all sides and cooked through.
These mini frittatas are filled with good fats, as well as vitamins D, E and B to boost immunity.
- 60g Cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup lightly steamed broccoli florets
- 100g salmon, drained
- Butter for greasing
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon 1 1tbsp of salmon mixture into each.
- Bake for 7 – 10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and freeze until needed.