- 100g raisins
- Finely grated zest plus the juice of one large orange
- 250g gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 180ml sunflower oil
- 180ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Tip the raisins and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, and then set aside to cool completely.
- Mix the zest, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, yoghurt and vanilla, and add to the dry ingredients along with the raisins and any juice left in the pan.
- Mix together gently and spoon into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, and then cool on a wire rack.
TIP: These are best eaten warm or cold on the same day, and you can freeze them and then defrost for 2 hours at room temperature. Reheat them for 5 to 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.