- 250ml plain yoghurt
- 100ml apple juice
- 1 banana
- 5 strawberries
- 30ml honey
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with pieces of fruit. Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 40 minutes before serving.
Muesli & banana Smoothie
- 1 small banana, peeled
- ½ cup muesli
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup apple juice
- Whizz all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Super berry smoothie
*Makes 2 servings
Berries contain a boost of disease-fighting antioxidants and fibre and are jam-packed with vitamins. This makes them the perfect super-fuel for kids.
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I used strawberries and blue berries)
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup of low-fat yoghurt
- Half a cup of milk, or replace this with orange juice
Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Bulk up this recipe by adding a tablespoon of flaxseed or raw oats. A tablespoon of protein powder will also make this simple smoothie go a long way. It’s great for fussy eaters when you need to add a little ‘extra’ to their meals.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.