Your little one will love these sandwich-free lunchbox options.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Pinch bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup cornmeal or polenta
- ½ cup cake flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 frankfurters, cut into 4cm pieces
- Tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a standard cupcake tin with 9 paper or silicone cases. Whisk together butter, sugar, egg and buttermilk. Stir in bicarb, cornmeal or polenta, flour and salt.
- Spoon about 30ml batter into each cup. Insert a frankfurter piece into each. Bake for about 10 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool and serve with tomato sauce.
Mini ham and cheese frittatas
- 5 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1/3 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/3 cup ham, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a muffin pan with 8 silicone or thick paper cups.
- Combine all the ingredients. Divide between muffin cups until two thirds full. Bake for about 13 minutes until set. Allow to cool.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.