Make sure you have the right nappy bag
Choose a nappy bag that has pockets and zippered compartments. These will help you to stay organised and keep everything in it’s place. When it comes to choosing a nappy bag, rather choose a darker fabric than a lighter one, and look for fabrics that are easy to clean – both inside and out. You often put nappy bags on the floor – which is why it’ll need to be simple to wash and clean.
Plan ahead with items for your nappy bag
Consider how long you will be out of the house, and pack your nappy bag accordingly. If you’ll only be gone for an hour or two, you’ll only need a few essentials. On the other hand, if you plan on being out all day, you will need to be a bit more organised and prepared. Pack extras of the items below, breast pads if you’re breastfeeding and a small toy or two for your little one to play with.
Make sure you always have these items in your nappy bag before leaving the house:
- Wet wipes
- Plastic bags for dirty nappies and soiled clothes
- Cloth diaper or two (To wipe spit from your baby’s mouth)
- A spare outfit for your baby including a onesie, socks and a bib
- An extra shirt for you – moms always need this!
- Bottle and formula if you’re formula feeding
- Nursing cover or lightweight blanket if you’re breastfeeding
Keep your nappy bag stocked
Keep your nappy bag stocked with the essentials, and restock as needed. Bottles, snacks and non-essentials can be packed as you’re about to leave the house.