- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts (about 300g), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 250g carrots, sliced
- 250ml coconut milk
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 small mango, cut into chunks
- 125g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for 1 minute, stirring, then add the chicken pieces and cook for 3 – 4 minutes over a medium heat, stirring every now and then until the chicken pieces are golden brown all over.
- Add the grated ginger and the curry powder and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring all the time. Add the sweet potato and carrots, then pour in the coconut milk and stock, and add the mango. Mix everything together well and bring the liquid to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 3 minutes until the beans are just soft. Finally, stir in the parsley. Serve immediately on a bed of rice or with a naan bread.
To save some time on chopping, you can substitute the chunks of mango for 1 x 90g pouch of Ella’s Kitchen Smoothie Fruits – The Yellow One.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.