Nothing beats a delicious chilli con carne or soup on a cold, windy day. Make this easy recipe for dinner tonight, or check out our winter soups here if you feel like something a little lighter.
- 15ml oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 2-5ml cayenne pepper (according to taste)
- 5ml ground cumin
- 3ml ground cinnamon
- 250g lean beef mince
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 30ml tomato paste
- 410g chopped tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Cooked white rice
- Finely diced toppings: tomato, red onion and avocado
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, chilli, cayenne pepper, cumin and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mince, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until the meat is browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and beef stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with white rice, diced toppings and coriander leaves (optional).
Welcome to the Living and Loving online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.