DIY mini pizza fingers
11:53 (GMT+2), Fri, 30 September 2011
*Serves 4 – 6
- 2–4 hotdog rolls, cut lengthwise in half
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce (I like Woolies’ or Ina Paarman’s sauces)
- grated mozzarella cheese
- grated Cheddar cheese
- sliced tomatoes
- pitted olives
- sliced onions (optional )
- chopped pineapple
- chopped ham or bacon
- basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Brush the sliced rolls with olive oil, place on a baking tray and toast for a few minutes (keep your eye on them as they burn easily). Turn and toast the other side.
- Arrange the pizza toasts along with other ingredients on a tray and allow Dad and the kids to make their own mini pizzas using the variety of toppings on offer.
- Pop them back in the oven and bake until golden and crispy – about 5–7 minutes.
Pesto or sundried tomatoes can be offered for more advanced palates, as well as chopped anchovies and artichokes.food, pizza