Annabel’s Banana Bread
00:00 (GMT+2), Fri, 18 May 2012
- 450g ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 110g soft butter
- 120g light brown sugar
- 225g self-raising wholewheat flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g raisins
- Preheat oven to 180?C. Grease and line a 900g baking tin.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Don’t over–mix, or the gluten in the flour will become tough.
- Pour into baking tin, smooth the top, and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the tin for 30 minutes, and then remove from the tin and cool on wire rack.
*Banana bread freezes well, so make a couple of loaves and pop them in the freezer for quick snacks on busy days.