pink bunny ear biscuits
11:02 (GMT+2), Wed, 09 May 2012
This recipe makes a large quantity. Don’t halve the ingredients; rather make the full quantity, and freeze half of the dough, or
use it to make plain vanilla biscuits.
1 cup castor sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
2½ cups plain flour
1 egg yolk, extra
Icing sugar to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Process the butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
3. A dd the flour, egg and egg yolk, and process again to form a smooth dough.
4. Knead the dough lightly, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Half the mixture can be frozen at this point for another day.
5. Roll out the dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper to a thickness of 5mm.
6. Cut the dough into bunny ear shapes. Place them on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
7. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks
8. To serve, press them into decorated cupcakes.