Annabel Karmel's salmon fishcakes
09:38 (GMT+2), Wed, 18 April 2012
*Suitable for freezing uncooked
*Suitable for freezing
*Makes eight fish cakes
- 250g cooked potato (approx 250g potatoes peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 20g sliced spring onion
- 35g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 250g raw salmon cut into small cubes
- 60g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 100g dried breadcrumbs for coating
- Sunflower oil for frying the fish cakes
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Put the chunks of potato into a pan. Cover with boiling water and add a little salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool down.
- Mix the potatoes together with the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, spring onion, grated Cheddar and ketchup, and roughly mash using a potato masher.
- Mix in the salmon cubes and fresh breadcrumbs and season to taste.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into about eight fish cakes, and coat them in the dried breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté for about five minutes, turning halfway through until golden on both sides.
- To make the dip, simply mix together the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.
Read Annabel Karmel's tips on condiments